This year’s annual Southeast Asia Update is organized by the University of Amsterdam (UvA), in cooperation with the Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies (KITLV), International Institute of Social History (IISG) and the International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS).
The Southeast Asia Update provides researchers, scholars, students and others interested in the region with a unique opportunity to:
- get a quick update on ongoing research in the region and new research initiatives;
- get an overview of ongoing debates and recent research on Southeast Asia;
- listen to (and get in touch with) researchers who present research ideas, ongoing projects, new findings and hot debates;
- meet colleagues and old friends, and make new ones;
- extend their network of Southeast Asia scholars in the Netherlands and abroad.
Throughout the Netherlands, a large number of scholars are involved in research projects dealing with Southeast Asia. Whereas those working on comparable subjects or in the same countries know each other well, the general academic exchange on Southeast Asia in The Netherlands and elsewhere remains rather limited. Therefore, the Southeast Asia Update brings researchers working on the region together on a yearly basis.
This year’s Update has again succeeded in attracting a large number of academic researchers and other professionals working on Southeast Asia, both from
the Netherlands and from abroad.
The (Draft) programme Southeast Asia Update with more than 50 interesting research presentations (at least 25 presentations on Indonesia) now online available!
If you wish to attend this Update, please register at email@example.com