Title: Treasurer – INYS-Indonesia Executive Board
Organization: Indonesia Nederland Youth Society
As a treasurer you are part of the Indonesia Nederland Youth Society Executive Board. All boards members and additional volunteers of INYS perform their activities on a voluntary basis.
The Executive Board:
The board is responsible for the day-to-day management of INYS. The board gets together for meetings on a regular basis to discuss current affairs and future ideas and events. Since INYS is a youth led organization all board members are encouraged to give input on development opportunities for INYS to grow as an organization. All decisions within the board are made democratically.
Main responsibilities as an executive board member:
• Attend board meetings
• Attend events hosted by INYS
• Attend events hosted by partners of INYS
• Perform your assigned duties in an orderly manner on time
As Treasurer you are part of the executive board. Part of your main tasks are to:
- Maintain an overview of INYS Indonesia’s finances
- Ensure that proper financial records a being kept and right procedures are followed
- Make budgets for events
- Taking charge of fundraising on behalf of INYS
- Maintain contact with present and future sponsors of INYS
- Prior experience with committees, or extracurricular activities / volunteering including
- Have experience in bookkeeping and budgeting
- Be able to work with Excel
- Pro–active attitude
- Good level of English , both passive and active
- Connection with the Netherlands will be considered as an advantage (exchange for example)
Approximate time spent on this position is 10 hours per week, which varies depending on whether or not an event is coming up.